I'm sitting here watching 'The Great Debaters' to wrap up my Term 1 and the last theme: human rights. I love sitting here.... just watching my students smile and laugh at this movie which I love sooo much is...it's just great.
They all find Junior's character funny. He's the 14 year old prodigy at Willey College. They laugh whenever he goes after Samantha Booke with an "e" and fails. And they read all the English subtitles following my lead when I told them watching movies in French or Spanish when I was studying those languages and putting on the subtitles always helped me learn. I'm also watching all the kids start to get tired. Naomi (my co-teacher of Life Orientation) in the back asks "Ma Suzana - how much longer is this movie?" Well it's a movie... So it will be 1 or 2 hours, it's not over in just 30 minutes.
So we turned off the projector and put everything way and head home, tomorrow "kamoso" we will finish and - will go home and turn on an Almodovar film and study the language.
How many more days till I get to Peru and my Boriqua-speaking barrios of NYC???!!
No comments:
Post a Comment