La music se puede salvar la vida de un nino, music can save a child's life.
Next week I start working with the kids choir! These will be kids in the grades 2 through 4. One of the teachers who asked me to help seemed shocked that I loved to sing and knew songs, BUT didn't know how to read music...."ummmm, yes it is possible to carry a note and not know how to read music. Lines are e, g, b, d, e and spaces spell 'face' and that's all I know," I said.
Why everyone continues to be shocked that I don't know EVERYTHING still seems to carry shock power. I mean, of course, I'm flattered that you think I could write your university papers on the Chinese education system without opening a book, or that I know all about environmental science, or maybe how to help you on your senior level electromagnetism homework, or that despite the incoherent-ness of the teacher's assignment instructions (often in incomprehensible English) that I'd be able to decipher the code and then write your response for you. Uuuuum...NO.
Homework help still hasn't broken me yet, but I have learned to "pretend" I'm napping when all I want is just an hour to read, or say "NO, I'm sorry I'm just really busy." Nonetheless I'm super excited to begin singing with the kids in a real practice, but as usual NOT setting my expectations high on the actual "organized" practice or that there's maybe a week till their competition, they've been in school for months and practice for the competition begins 2 weeks in advance.
No comments:
Post a Comment