Friday, March 9, 2012

KONY 2012...then Nastia.

You know I was going to post a video of Nastia Liukin's triumphal return as an "oldie" age of 22 to this year's 2012 Olympic games, but then something more interesting came up.

KONY 2012.

Watch it.


So....what did you think?

II just started human rights with my 7th grade Life Orientation class. And I'm so glad Rachel shared this with me (me being out in the African Bush and all haha). It's so crazzzy interesting how the world has changed. You think back to things like Egypt and the capacity of where social media has taken us. The US I'm sure doesn't want another Rwanda. Weren't we criticized about our lack of involvement. Well...here we are again on the forefront of another human right policy choice of the US. I think that one thing that this the KONY 2012 campaign does so well is that is really shows that why do you need to wait any more for a political head to choose our battles. Things become now can become within America's self-interest when the people say so, let me rephrase that, several thousand people say so.

I'm so curious to see the reaction of my 84 African students come next week once I show this to them. Hmmm...and would this have been different if Kony had been in South America, I wonder? My primary school will be getting ready too next week for March 21st, which is when we will be having a human rights day celebration. I'm planning to have 2 singing groups. One to sing "Amazing Grace" and the other to sing "We Shall Overcome." Also a female student approached me about getting "my support" to assure that her drama is performed at the ceremony.

But good stuff. TGIF. This week has been long with a lot of lesson planning and cramming in of things before I go on break - YEAH!!!





Ooh yeah....

Here's that Nastia video I saw. She has such grace and just extenuates long, beautiful lines in her performances. I miss that sport so much! If you're a gymnast, perfectionist, and nothing but number #1 is good enough raise your hand!!

Pause....pause.

Eeehh yeah, that's no longer me, or maybe it kinds of sort is. Some times the gymnast can never truly leave your spirit. Can't wait for the summer Olympics!! AND I'll be in the proper time zone!


No comments:

Post a Comment