Saturday, August 18, 2012

Visit to the Apartheid Museum

Today I visited the Apartheid Museum in Soweto with 41 of the new class memeber of Peace Corps trainees also known as "SA26." Through selling merchandise to all the current Peace Corps volunteer the Diversity Committe was able to raise the R600+ to bring everyone to the museum today. It's my job to make sure all the money is raised and I process all the clothing orders with a vendor and then distribute them to all the PCVs.

Today as I was walking around the best quote in the Mandela section:

"On my first day of school, my father took a pair of his trousers and cut them at the knee. He told me to put them on and tied a piece of string around the waist. It was the first pair of trousers I ever owned - up till then , I wore a blanket, like all the other small boys."

And to see where I am living on the relocation map was incredibly interesting. Coming back and getting a third look was much needed.
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment