For my friends and family back home: I'm here in South Africa for 2 years with the Peace Corps, this is my story. Para mi familia Peruana: por esto se puede leer mis cuentos de mi vida nueva aqui en Sud Africa con el Cuerpo de Paz. DISCLAIMER: "The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the United States government or the Peace Corps."
Friday, October 14, 2011
Probably the sweetest birth card I have ever received
My little sister, Nazla, produced this video birthday card that documents not only the first time we met back in February of this year, but heart felt messages from all my other sisters, Miriam and Pamela (Patti is missing but there in image and video), both my birth parents, Severo and Isabel, and all my nephews, Nicol, Jeins, Ellin, and Yostin. Nazla compiled pictures from my first few months here in South Africa and video even of my travels to Peru this past May as well. I saw for the first time, video of me travel to the small town from which my father Severo came from. It was spectacular all the messages of love and hearing the sentiment in there voice, this being the first time they were able to wish me ¡Feliz Cumpleaños! or Happy Birthday!
It brought a tear to my eye to see ALL my family in there (even mama Alison and papa Robert and the Big Herm). At the school I got hugs from all the teachers and the learns all sang to me. It was fabulous to hear from everyone starting from the early morning of my birthday till the next day even, whether it was via Gchat, text, BBM, Skype, GVideo chat, email, Facebook, phone calls, you name it...my phone was buzzing and ringing non stop for 24 hours. It great to see how much you are missed by the ones that love you and even if I am miles and miles and MILES away I really am just one click of a button away from hearing from you all :)
Mucho amor y abrazos fuertes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment