Sunday, February 17, 2013

Books for Africa

This is what unloading 22,000+ book or 13,040 kgs of books looks like.

All these books came in from America recently and I went to Pretoria to help sort and pack and unload them for 5 days.

The first day, I spent in the huge metal container unloading box of leisure, health, science, reading skills, history, social studies, et al categories of books out into a truck that would then bring them inside the office where we unpacked them and made sure every school that had solicited for books got what they asked for.

I had heard that the books in the past were not of good quality and were books donated from the US. So when I opened up the boxes and found books that I read while growing up and in new or very good condition, it was very exciting.

My arms felt like Jello after 2 days in and I don't think I've gotten in a good arm workout in like that in years.

The books have still not arrived at y site but I am hoping they come soon since I leave on WEDNESDAY to go home!!

But will hahah be a nice chance for the school to take initiative on their own on something like finishing filling their library.

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment