Thursday, December 20, 2012

Electricity Theft

I just saw this on the way to the airport.

I was watching the news one night and Eskom (the South African electrical company) report I think it was a R625 million (Rands which is about $73,500,000 USD) loss due to electricity theft.

http://www.venn.co.za/index.php?cost-reduction-article&articleid=26

That figure could be waaay off but it's hard to believe now people even get access to these lines in the first place. A friend once showed me a demonstration of how people will go up to the line and cut and re-route the line, which I think could obviously be incredibly dangerous.

But found it interesting to see this sign. At least they are making efforts to not lose some serious revenue here and keep people safe. However, this is somethere you would never see back home.
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment